Professional Scrum Master I
4th – 5th of Jan 2024
Live Virtual, UK/London time – 9am -5pm
Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based course where students gain a strong understanding of Professional Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams. Students leave the PSM course feeling both challenged and excited by the opportunity that Professional Scrum will provide them and their teams.
Become a Professional Scrum Master
The 2 day, highly interactive Professional Scrum Master course inspects the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
The course will cover all the team roles, events and artifacts, so that you can be an effective Scrum Master or member of a Scrum team.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other students together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Included within your course.
Course and objectives
Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and the underlying values and principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
Have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
- Have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway
What you will get
2 days of high-quality instruction from a Scrum.org Trainer and Agile expert with over 20 years’ training and consulting experience
Course materials handbook (PDF)
Access to electronic copies of other reference documentation
Recognition by the Scrum.org as a Professional Scrum Master after passing the exam
Password to take the PSM I assessment and 2nd Attempt is included if taken within 14 days of the course
- Access to electronic copies of other reference documentation
- Recognition by the Scrum.org as a Professional Scrum Master after passing the exam
- Password to take the PSM I assessment and 2nd Attempt is included if taken within 14 days of the course
What will you learn
We learn the theory of Scrum. To create an in-depth understanding of the framework, we talk about the different roles within a Scrum team and your role as Professional Scrum Master.
What does it mean to be a Professional Scrum Master and as a servant leader, how do you serve the Scrum team and the Organisation? After the training you are able to understand Scrum principles and practices, set up a Scrum Team and deal with complex Scrum issues in order so that you can:
- Be an effective member of a Scrum Team
- Work effectively as the Professional Scrum Master for the Scrum Team
- Deliver value for your customers and organisation
- Explain the benefits of the Scrum framework to key stakeholders
- Use the Scrum Artefacts of Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Increment to create transparency
- Understand how and when to facilitate effective Scrum events
- Understand how to employ Scrum in real world circumstances such as remote Scrum teams with people in different locations, fixed price contracts and third-party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Students of official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
About The Trainer
Nichervan Fazelis an experienced Agile practitioner and trainer with over two decades of experience helping organisations with Agile transformations and product development. Nichervan has been involved in and led some of Europe’s biggest agile transformations in the Finance, Media and Energy sectors.
Nichervan has extensive experience as a Developer, Scrum Master and Agile Coach. He coaches organisations and teams to build better products faster whilst also aiming to make the workplace a more humanistic and enjoyable environment.